Blue Iris is professional-grade software utilizing the latest video software technologies, including JAVA applet, MPEG4 (ActiveX) and Windows Media Technology webcasting.
Watch your home, cars, and valuables. Watch your pets. Watch your kids. Watch your nanny, babysitter, or your friends. Use up to 16 cameras, webcams, IP cameras, BT878 cards (PV143,IVC100,etc.), or your digital camcorders. Use motion detection, audio detection, or capture continuously. Overlay text and graphics. Use the built-in web server, or post to a website. Receive alerts via loudspeaker, e-mail, instant messaging, or phone. Powerful zooming, panning, and video stretching features available both locally AND remotely. Updates and support included.
» version 2.10 - posted on 2008-01-02
PTZ, DVR format, new UI
EULA - End User License Agreement
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (EULA) FOR BLUE IRIS
This End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and Perspective Software with regard to Blue Iris ("SOFTWARE PRODUCT" or "SOFTWARE"). The SOFTWARE PRODUCT includes computer software, the associated media, any printed materials, and any "online" or electronic documentation. By installing, copying or otherwise using the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, Perspective Software is unwilling to license the SOFTWARE PRODUCT to you. In such event, you may not use or copy the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, and you should promptly contact Perspective Software for instructions on return of the unused product(s) for a refund.
SOFTWARE PRODUCT LICENSE
Copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties protect the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed, not sold.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. This EULA grants you the following rights:
* Software. You may install and use one copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on the COMPUTER.
* Network Services. If the SOFTWARE PRODUCT includes functionality that enables the COMPUTER to act as a network server, any number of computers or workstations may access or otherwise utilize the basic network services of that server. The basic network services are more fully described in the printed materials accompanying the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
* Storage/Network Use. You may also store or install a copy of the computer software portion of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on the COMPUTER to allow your other computers to use the SOFTWARE PRODUCT over an internal network, and distribute the SOFTWARE PRODUCT to your other computers over an internal network. However, you must acquire and dedicate a license for the SOFTWARE PRODUCT for each computer on which the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is used or to which it is distributed. A license for the SOFTWARE PRODUCT may not be shared or used concurrently on different computers.
* You may use a back-up utility to make a single back-up copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. You may use the back-up copy solely for archival purposes.
2. DESCRIPTION OF OTHER RIGHTS AND LIMITATIONS.
* Limitations on Reverse Engineering, De-compilation and Disassembly. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
* Separation of Components. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed as a single product. Its component parts may not be separated for use on more than one computer.
* Single COMPUTER. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed with the COMPUTER as a single integrated product. The SOFTWARE PRODUCT may only be used with the COMPUTER.
* Rental. You may not rent or lease the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
* Software Transfer. You may permanently transfer all of your rights under this EULA only as part of a sale or transfer of the COMPUTER, provided you retain no copies, you transfer all of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT (including all component parts, the media and printed materials, any upgrades, this EULA and, if applicable, the Certificate(s) of Authenticity), AND the recipient agrees to the terms of this EULA. If the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is an upgrade, any transfer must include all prior versions of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
* Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights, Perspective Software may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and all of its component parts.
3. UPGRADES. If the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is an upgrade from another product, whether from Perspective Software or another supplier, you may use or transfer the SOFTWARE PRODUCT only in conjunction with that upgraded product, unless you destroy the upgraded product. If the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is an upgrade of a Perspective Software product, you now may use that upgraded product only in accordance with this EULA. If the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is an upgrade of a component of a package of software programs which you licensed as a single product, the SOFTWARE PRODUCT may be used and transferred only as part of that single product package and may not be separated for use on more than one computer.
4. COPYRIGHT. All title and copyrights in and to the SOFTWARE PRODUCT (including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text and "applets," incorporated into the SOFTWARE PRODUCT), the accompanying printed materials, and any copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, are owned by Perspective Software or its suppliers. Copyright laws and international treaty provisions protect the SOFTWARE PRODUCT. You may not copy the printed materials accompanying the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
5. PRODUCT SUPPORT. For product support, please refer to the support number provided in the documentation. Should you have any questions concerning this EULA, or if you desire to contact Perspective Software for any other reason, please refer to the address provided in the documentation.